Blogger Widgets

Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 2014 Birchbox Review

Birchbox- $10 a month

Birchbox  has boxes for men and woman and they send a box of 4-5 samples of carefully selected make-up and other beauty related items on a monthly basis. The men's box is geared more towards grooming.

(This post includes referral links)

First Looks



Whats Inside!



Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream- Acai Grapefruit
Full Size Price $20

A shea butter packed, silky cream in a fresh summer scrent.

LOVE IT! The smell is fantastic and it goes on so smooth and saw no problems with it getting stuck in the razor! I am addicted to shaving cream and this has just gone to the top of my list!


K6 Sknicare
Clean Antioxidant Facial Cleanser Full Size  Price $25

Vegan, paraben-free formula rich in antioxidants that nourishes skin while it cleanses. 

Smells fresh and clean, texture is a little different than I am used to its like a mix between and oil and a gel?  Not that texture is what would sell me on this product.. NOPE what sells me on it is it didn't leave my face feeling dry which is my typical end result when it comes to face cleansers! Definitely a winner!


Noir Cosmetics
Long-Wear Eyeliner Full Size  Price $20

Enriched with vitamin E, this creamy, waterproof liner glides on smoothly for all-day wear.

I have to say eyeliner tends to be my enemy. I can never seem to get it on nice and thin, I did not have that problem with this, it went on smooth and easy. After setting it was also pretty smudge proof. I'd have to say WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!



So what was in the pillow pocket?

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube pencil in Bees Knees Coral Full Size Price $18
Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris Fragrance Full Size Price $110

The lip lube was fabulous. Ar first glance it seemed a little orangey for my taste but it actually goes on pretty sheer and does well it rival my love of good ol Chapstick. 

The fragrance however just wasn't for me, it smelled a little to manly for my taste? The size of the sample was good though and has a ice little spray cap. 


Thats it for the August box! All in all I'm  satisfied and think it was totally worth the $10.00.










No comments:

Post a Comment