Blogger Widgets

Monday, July 14, 2014

Review Hillbilly Rockstar




Country music star Devin McClain understands there’s a downside to life in the public eye, but the laidback Wyoming cowboy has never imagined he’d attract crazed fans who would do anything to garner his attention. When veiled threats become real, he agrees to hire a discreet security detail. But Devin is shocked when that bodyguard is a hard-bodied woman. He’s even more stunned to be attracted to the steely-eyed stunner.




Former soldier Liberty Masterson’s return to civilian life has been fraught with challenges until she lands a job with a prestigious security firm. But when she agrees to provide personal protection during a cross-country tour, she doesn’t realize she has signed up to masquerade as the playboy star’s girlfriend. Though she’s more comfortable in combat boots than high heels, she has no choice but to appear to be the sexy groupie Devin prefers.





Living in close quarters causes the chemistry between them to ignite, and Devin realizes he wants to turn their charade of a romance into reality. Although Liberty surrenders to his every whim behind closed doors, she fears the sexy country star doesn’t see the real her; and Devin can’t help but worry when the tour ends that there might not be enough between them to build something that won’t fade away.... 



Review
4.5 Stars

Let me start by saying I am ashamed to admit I am book cover judger.  It's true I have very very many times judge a book solely off the cover. This books cover? At a store or online I totally would have passed it over, why? Truth be told I don't know. BUT. As luck would have it I was sent an ARC of this book AND it was COVERLESS! So I read it.  I'll also admit it took me a few weeks to get to it, BUT at the Chicago Author event a girl who I was in line with had also raved about this series which totally added to my intrigue! I've read Lorelei James recently (Bound & Unwound) and though I enjoyed those book immensely erotica just isn't my cup of tea,  SO I am happy to admit that while Hillybilly Rockstar is STEAMY AS ALL HELL, it seems more on the romance side to me. AND boy was it a romance.  It is the exactly what I look for in a book, a nice slow burn, they don't immediately jump into bed together, no they take their time get to know each other. It makes it feel so much more real to me. Sometimes lately I feel like books seem to be missing that part, and Hillbilly Rockstar has it in spades.  Devin in my heart and mind is exactly what you'd expect a country star to be and he isn't shy about it. Liberty is was not exactly what I was expecting. But together? These two make perfect sense.  Truthfully I don't know if I am making a whole lot of sense to you, so here it is plain as day. 
You like hot male leads?
You like Rockstars?
You like strong female leads?
You like mystery and intrigue?
You like it HOT HOT HOT?
 Then Hillbilly Rockstar is for you!








Lorelei James is the NY Times and USA Today Bestselling author of erotic westerns: the Rough Riders series, the Blacktop Cowboys series, and the erotic romances in the Mastered series. Lorelei lives in western South Dakota.



No comments:

Post a Comment