Blogger Widgets

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Come to Me Quietly Blog Tour


Title:  Come To Me Quietly (The Closer to You Series, Book 1)
Author:  A.L. Jackson
Release Date:  January 7, 2014
Genre:   New Adult Romance
Blog Tour hosted by: Shh Moms Reading, Literary Mania Reviews, and Brandee’s Book Endings



From the acclaimed bestselling author of Lost to You and When We Collide comes a new adult novel of one woman’s obsession: a man who’s as passionate as he is elusive—and as tempting as he is trouble…


Aleena Moore is content with her life. She has goals and dreams and an easy smile. She also has a secret she holds locked inside.

Jared Holt believes he doesn’t deserve to love or be loved. He destroys everything he touches. Haunted by the mistake that shattered his life, he’s fled from the memory of that pain.

Jared doesn’t know why he’s compelled to return, but finds himself drawn back to the place where it all began. The exact place where it ended. When he runs into his childhood best friend, Aleena’s older brother Christopher, he agrees to share Christopher and Aleena’s apartment while he looks for a place of his own.

Aleena is no longer the little girl Jared remembers from his past and evokes feelings in him he never wanted to feel again. Terrified of destroying her, he fights to keep her away. But her touch is something he can’t resist—the touch that sealed his fate.

Their pasts are intertwined and their futures uncertain. The only truths they know are the secrets they whisper in the night.

Review
5 out of 5 Stars

This is my second AL Jackson book I have ever read, I have to say I am so happy I got to read this one. It is the best book I have read in a while. Touching, sweet, heart breaking and such an amazing emotion roller coaster. Give me a book that tugs my heart strings and I am forever yours, SO it is official Ms Jackson I am yours from this day on. Oh My Gosh Jared Holt is the perfect boy next door and simultaneously the best bad boy ever, I know it just doesn't sound possible but it is so TRUE! Never have I ever read a more complicated character then Jared, Jared makes me think of when I first watched Shrek and he said he had layers like an onion because no better description could be given to Jared. When he begins to feel happiness he is so consumed with guilt and unworthiness that he sets himself into self destruct mode. He believes with all his heart he does not deserve life or happiness and Aly the girl who he always wanted around as a child makes him want what he can't have. Aly this girl needs to be given a medal for putting up with Jareds crap, but oh how she loves him something fierce. There love is something to be cherished and admired but will Jared allow himself to be happy? And if he does will Aly still be around? If you don;t read this one you will be seriously missing out on something terrific.  I can not wait for the next book in the series. 

Thank you so much AL Jackson for letting me read this one!

Buy Links

Amazon
http://bit.ly/CTMQAmazon
 Barnes & Noble
http://bit.ly/CTMQPre
iTunes
http://bit.ly/CTMQiTunes
Kobo
http://bit.ly/CTMQKobo

Add it to your shelf
Goodreads
http://bit.ly/CTMQGoodreads
Come To Me Quietly Book Trailer
http://youtu.be/hqiqy3BkNpI

Excerpt
A few minutes later she returned. She’d changed out of her work clothes and into the same sleep shorts she chose to constantly taunt me with night after night.
God, the girl had the best legs I’d ever seen.
She was twisting her long hair up into a high ponytail as she walked barefoot into the kitchen. The mixture of her skin and the food she’d brought smelled like heaven.
She cracked open the fridge. “Either of you want another beer?” she asked as she bent down to dig through the fridge.
In my head I was screaming at myself to close my eyes or to look up or to look down or to just look the fuck away.
I didn’t.
Instead I watched.
A curl of lust twisted my stomach into the tightest knot, so tight I had to struggle to get a breath of air into my lungs.
Christopher’s voice broke my trance. “Yeah, I’ll take one.”
I cut my attention in his direction, and eyes so much like Aly’s stared back at me.
I dropped my gaze and mumbled, “Sure, I could use another.”
Aly stood and knocked the door closed with her hip. She had three beers woven between her fingers, their caps pressed together. Maybe there was something inherently wrong with me, but I thought it had to be one of the sexiest moves I’d ever seen.
She set them down on the table. “One for you.” She passed one to Christopher, grinned as she slid one across the table to me. “And one for you.”
“Thanks,” I said.
She twisted the cap off the third and plopped heavily into the chair as she tipped it to her mouth.
“Long day?” Christopher asked as he arched a brow at her.
“Oh, yeah.” She released a long breath. “It was super busy.” A little shrug lifted her shoulders. “Made good tips, but I couldn’t wait for my shift to end.” She began opening the take-out box lids. My mouth watered when I was hit with the heavy aroma of thick red meat sauce and pasta.
I stood. “Here, let me grab some plates and forks.”
She threw a soft smile up at me as I passed. “Thanks, Jared.”
“Yeah, no problem.”
Even though it was only three feet away, I stumbled into the kitchen as if it were some kind of oasis in the desert. For a second, I dropped my head as I pressed my hands into the counter and filled my lungs with the deepest breath of air I could find.
Get a grip, Jared.


About the Author



A.L. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of Take This Regret and Lost to You, as well as other contemporary romance titles, including Pulled, When We Collide, and If Forever Comes.

She first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student.  She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.

Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends and, with their encouragement, this story became her first full length novel. A.L. now spends her days writing in Southern Arizona where she lives with her husband and three children. 

Look for Come to Me Softly, book two in the Closer To You Series, coming July 1, 2014 










Be sure to enter the COME TO ME QUIETLY Blog Tour Giveaway!!

Grand Prize:  A.L. Jackson Complete Signed Paperback Collection (all six titles) + Come To Me Quietly Poster and swag

Second Prize:  Come To Me Quietly Collection, which includes a signed copy of Come To Me Quietly, a Come To Me Quietly poster, keychain, and custom bookmark 

Third Prize:  A.L. Jackson Fun Pack stuffed full of A.L. Jackson book swag

Fourth Prize:  Audiobook Gift Set from Audible.com of The Regret Series (Lost To You, Take This Regret & If Forever Comes)

And don’t miss the DAILY blog tour giveaways on A.L. Jackson’s Facebook accounts! All kinds of fun stuff will be given away ~ ebooks, gift cards, and much more! EVERY DAY from January 7th – February 7th!!








No comments:

Post a Comment