Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Believe by Erin McCarthy Blog Tour



Robin used to be a party girl… until she got black out drunk and woke up in bed with her best friend’s boyfriend. Now she’s faced with being THAT girl, and couldn’t be more disgusted with herself. She can’t even tell her friends the reason for her sudden sobriety and she avoids everyone until she meets Phoenix—quiet, tattooed, and different in every way that’s good and oh, so bad…

Phoenix is two days out of jail when he meets Robin at his cousin’s house, and he knows that he has no business talking to her, but he’s drawn to her quiet demeanor, sweet smile, and artistic talent. She doesn’t care that he’s done time, or that he only has five bucks to his name, and she supports his goal to be a tattoo artist.

But Phoenix knows Robin has a secret, and that it’s a naïve dream to believe that his record won’t catch up with them at some point. Though neither is prepared for the explosive result when the past collides with the present…


Review
5 out of 5 Stars

There is just something about this series. It is so REAL. Like these are everyday people (Yea now i have that weird song stuck in me head too) these MEN are your typical average Joe, they aren't the guys we fantasize about BUT they should be, they are the ones who get judged by how they look or what side of town they are from YET they are worth so more and COULD be THE guy.   Robin doesn't see Phoenix as a guy who just got out of jail, or as a guy just covered in tattoos, he doesn't scare her and that surprises him. It all starts out innocently enough they both just seem to accept the other no questions asked, and as their bond continues to grow so does their attraction. The emotions in Believe are quick and strong but nothing else would have fit these characters who came into each others lives at exactly the right time. They could have been raised more differently and things aren't going to easy, adjustments and compromises will have to be made. But their differences are only the beginning of the problems they face. Every book in this series has been so touching and beyond amazing. I can not wait for more....



EXCERPT 

As Jessica went into the kitchen, the guy on the couch suddenly coughed. I turned and saw dark eyes staring at me. He had rolled onto his back and was sitting up on the arm roll, his hair sticking up in front. My palms got clammy, and I stared back, horrified.
Not only was he completely and totally hot, he had obviously been awake for more than thirty seconds. He looked way too alert to have just opened his eyes.
“Uh, hi. I’m Robin,” I said, my hands starting to shake. What had we said? Nothing incriminating, I didn’t think. I hadn’t admitted anything. Though I had said “anal” out loud and that was awkward enough. All those nasty jokes about prison popped into my head and my cheeks burned.
His expression was inscrutable, but he nodded. “Phoenix.”
“Nice to meet you,” I said, because that’s what you say even if there was zero truth to it. It wasn’t nice to meet him. He was a criminal and I was a lying cheat, and I was way too preoccupied with my own self-hatred to have anything interesting to say to him.
“Yeah. Sure.” He sounded about as enthusiastic as I felt.
Agitated, I sat down on the coffee table next to the couch, wiping my hands on my denim shorts. “Sorry if we woke you up.”
He shrugged. “No big deal.”
I wasn’t sure what to say after that. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, and like his cousins, he had tattoos covering his chest and arms. The one that caught my attention was the bleeding heart. It looked severed in two, the blood draining down his flesh toward his abdomen. It was beautiful and creepy and bold. Was it a metaphor? It seemed a little poetic for the average guy, but something about his steady stare suggested he was no ordinary guy. His dark hair stuck up then fell over one eye, so it felt like he had an extra advantage, that he could watch me from behind that cascade of hair.
Jessica hadn’t told me why he had been in jail, and I decided I really didn’t want to know. Phoenix was trouble and trouble was exactly what I was trying to avoid.
“I’m not a big fan of anal either,” he said.
Giving or receiving? I couldn’t tell if he was making fun of me. He didn’t seem to be trying to lighten the mood with a joke for my benefit since he still looked stone-faced. It made me super uncomfortable.
“We thought you were asleep.”
“What difference does it make? You didn’t confess to a crime.”
Thank God. “I don’t like just anyone hearing my personal business. You don’t even know me.”
“You’re right, I don’t.” He threw back the blanket that had been covering him below the waist and he stood up. He was in his underwear, black boxer briefs that clung to his thighs. “Robin.” He added my name at the end like it was an accusation.


Reprinted by arrangement with InterMix, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © Erin McCarthy, 2014.


About the Author


Erin McCarthy is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than 40 novels and novellas in the paranormal, contemporary romance, young adult, and new adult genres.  The author is a RITA award finalist and an American Library Association winner of the Reluctant Young Reader award.  She lives with her family in Ohio.  


Stalker Links



No comments:

Post a Comment