Blogger Widgets

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Torn From You PROMO & Review



Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.

At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

Then it all shattered.

Kidnapped. 
Starved. 
Beaten. 
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me. 

I was wrong.


*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years.


This is a love story with some dark elements. Dark contemporary romance. No cliffhanger and next in the Tear Asunder series is Ream's story (the band's lead guitarist).



Review
(this is really a review of  Book One and Book 0.5 I read them one after the other)
4.75 Stars

Wow this was one Eff'ed up book. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. What Emily went through was horrific not just because of the actual acts but the betrayal BROKE HER.  There is so much I could tell you about Torn From you, but if I did I would be taking a lot of the ummph out of you discovering the many facets that are Torn from You. Unthinkable circumstances, and all the while I was BEGGING to be let into Sculpts head, I had no idea what the EFF was going to happen. That is not something that happens very often to me. What I can and will tell you if you enjoyed books like Captive in the Dark and Consequences or Tears of Tess then I don't see you NOT enjoying Torn from You, NOW those of you who have yet to give books like these a try I would say to start with this one it gives you just enough of everything that it would be a good one to start with. 


EXCERPT
*Warning excerpt contains violence. Mature audience only*


I broke. Logan’s voice swam into my trembling body and wrapped me in its warmth. I started sobbing, my head falling forward making my arms and shoulders scream in pain as I shook. Logan had come for me. He’s here to take me away. To stop the pain. 
“She’s yours when I tell you she is. And lose the attitude or our deal is finished.”
Silence. I could hear the wind whistling through the cracks in the window frames.
“Our deal is solid.”
Logan? What were they talking about? What deal? A deal to get me out of here? I tried to turn around to see him, but I couldn’t get enough of a foothold to swing myself around.
Laughter. Cold. Violent. Sinister. It was like the crackle of fireworks mixed with the screech of tires on wet pavement. “She likes to fight.” His accented tone deepened, and all amusement left it. “You’re lucky I’m allowing this. She’d make a hefty amount on the market. Would you prefer I test that theory?”
“Logan?” I called. “Logan. Please.” Why wasn’t he helping me? 
“No. You have what you want, and I have what I want—her. The rest is left alone.”
His voice. It was different. Colder. Logan always exuded coolness, but this change was more than that. Like an anger simmering beneath the surface. Why wasn’t he running to me? Holding me in his arms? How did he find me? Why was he talking to the guy like he knew him? Did he not see me? Maybe he didn’t recognize me? 
“Logan! Please.” I fought the manacles again, my wrists raw from the metal cutting into my skin. 
“Never call him that!” the man shouted. “He is Master to you now.” 
A lash of burning ripped into my back, and I screamed. Intense, throbbing aftershocks tightened my flesh as my body tried to contain the pain. 
Oh God. No. Please. No. “Logan!” I shouted.
“Do exactly as you’re told, Emily.” Logan’s words were stiff and controlled. I wasn’t even sure it was Logan. Was my mind playing tricks on me? I couldn’t understand why he wasn’t coming to help me. 
I heard the slither of leather sliding across the floor and then the whoosh in the air. 
I tensed. Neck tight, eyes closed. 




About the Author

Nashoda Rose lives in Toronto with her assortment of pets. She writes contemporary romance with a splash of darkness, or maybe it’s a tidal wave. Her novel “Torn from You” is the first in the Tear Asunder series. When she isn’t writing, she can be found sitting in a field reading with her dog at her side while her horses graze nearby. She loves interacting with her readers on Facebook and chatting about her addiction—books.


Stalker Links





Buy Links:
Amazon: 



1 comment:

  1. Awww thank you so much for that wonderful review Nicole! I love that you didn't give anything away in the story--thank you!

    ReplyDelete