Blogger Widgets

Monday, December 2, 2013

Before Jamaica Lane Review


One simple lesson in seduction between two friends can turn into so much more… 

Despite her outgoing demeanor, Olivia is painfully insecure around the opposite sex—usually, she can’t get up the nerve to approach guys she’s interested in. But moving to Edinburgh has given her a new start, and, after she develops a crush on a sexy postgrad, she decides it’s time to push past her fears and go after what she wants.

Nate Sawyer is a gorgeous player who never commits, but to his close friends, he’s as loyal as they come. So when Olivia turns to him with her relationship woes, he offers to instruct her in the art of flirting and to help her become more sexually confident.

The friendly education in seduction soon grows into an intense and hot romance. But then Nate’s past and commitment issues rear their ugly heads, and Olivia is left broken-hearted. When Nate realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he will have to work harder than he ever has before to entice his best friend into falling back in love with him—or he may lose her forever…


Review
5 out of 5 Stars

So I totally screwed up and read these out of order, I still haven't read On Dublin Street (I will though) I read Down London Road first and then followed it up with Before Jamaica Lane. I ,must admit this is BY FAR my favorite Samantha Young book ever.  Thats saying something to because I have read the majority of her books including the paranormals.  I don't know if it was becasue I connected with Olivia on such a personal level, Olivia was so much like me with her insecurities about her self, and even her relationship to Nate reminded me of the beginnings of mine and my hubbys relationship (we started as friends, though I must admit I never asked him to TEACH me to pleasure other men haha BUT he was my first). Those could have helped me LOVE this book so much, but I think it is also so much more than that, there was such an intense connection between Nate & Olivia even before their relationship took a step into another direction, you could feel it through the pages. Watching them struggle with their feelings for each other, OKAY mostly Nate struggling with his emotions (OH HOW I WISH there had been some of his POV in this book I'd kill for a glimpse into his mind at certain points in the story. ) I truly felt in my heart that in the end it would all be okay. The battle was long and scary in the end was it worth it? Take a stroll down Jamaica Lane and ind out for yourself. 


About the Author

Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author from Stirlingshire, Scotland. She's been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award 2012 for Best Author and Best Romance for her international bestseller ON DUBLIN STREET. ON DUBLIN STREET is Samantha's first adult contemporary romance and has sold in twenty-five countries.

Stalker Links





No comments:

Post a Comment