Blogger Widgets

Sunday, October 13, 2013

When It Rains Blog Tour



One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't.

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt.

I’ve been saved.

And I’ve found hope.

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…


Again.




Review 
4 out of 5 Stars

When it rains is so emotionally moving, I think I had tears in my eyes for 40% of the story.  Kate needed Beau and Asher differently at different times. One was always there for her and one just might be able to help her heal and move on. There is so much I'd love to tell you about When It rains but it would spoil the story for you. Hope and healing are such strong components/parts? To the story that it was hard not to smile in the end. Though I have to say When it Rains truly broke my hearts a few times it also successfully put it back together afterword each time.  Simply fantastic storytelling from the author, I couldn't have asked for anything more from When it Rains it truly delivered on every level. I know I haven't given you a while lot of information but there are so many twists and turns that it's hard to say much without giving something away. Be warned there is a section in the beginning that is a little hard to read, but I urge you to push through so you can experience the whole story.

Excerpt


"I'm sorry.  I’m just out of it, I guess," he says, standing in front of me. "But no one is taking you home except me."  He brings his lips to mine, sucking on my lower one just long enough to drive my whole body completely insane.  He pulls back with a wicked grin on his face.  "Plus, if I drive you home, it gives me an excuse to do that one more time."
"Just one more time?"
He closes the distance between us again, placing his large hands over my cheeks.  "I'll kiss you as often as you want.  All you have to do is ask."
"Kiss me," I whisper, watching his lips shorten the distance to mine.
"Are you asking or are you telling?" he asks. His mouth is so close that his warm breath caresses my lips as our chests touch. 
"I’m telling you," I say, swallowing hard. 

He moves even closer.  I swear I almost feel his lips on mine...a mere whisper away.  "And what if I don't kiss you right now?" he asks, staring into my eyes so fiercely that I see my eyes reflected in his.

About the Author


Lisa De Jong is a wife, mother and full-time number cruncher who lives in the Midwest. Her writing journey involved insane amounts of coffee and many nights of very little sleep but she wouldn’t change a thing. She also enjoys reading, football and music.


For more information about Lisa and her books follow her at:
Twitter: @LisaDeJongBooks





Buy Links



a Rafflecopter giveaway



SCHEDULE:


Oct 7
A Love Affair With Books - Review
Romantic Book Affairs - Review
Sandwich Making Book Bitches - Review
Bookhooking - Promo
Escape Into A Book - Review

Oct 8
Life in Print - Review
Vilma's Book Blog - Review
#BookNerd - Promo/Excerpt
Sparkling Pink Bookshelf - Review
For the Love of Books - Review

Oct 9
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog - Review
I'll Be Reading - Promo/Excerpt
The Indie Bookshelf - Review
Love N. Books - Review
The Book Blog - Review

Oct 10
First Class Books - Review
Sweet Sassy Sexy Book Blog - Review
Book Boyfriend Reviews - Review
Sassy Book Lovers - Promo
The Book Avenue - Review

Oct 11
Bookbangerr - Review
The SubClub Books - Promo -
SCHMEXY GIRL BOOK BLOG - Review
Angie’s Dreamy Reads - Review
Whirlwindbooks - Review/Author Interview
Globug and Hootie Need A book - Review

Oct 12
Holly’s Hot Reads - Review
Jessica's Book Review - Review
Becca the Bibliophile - Review
Bookworm Beauties - Review
Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews - Review/Author Interview

Oct 13
The Autumn Review - Review
Christine's Blog - Review
Books Complete Me Unlimited - Review
Book Addicts Not so Anonymous - Review
Beauty Brains and Books - Promo
Mean Girls Luv Books - Review

Oct 14
Bridger Book Bitches - Review
Smokin' Hot Book Blog - Review
Books Books Books - Review
Chapter Break - Review
Three Girls and a Book Obsession - Review

Oct 15
Romantic Reading Escapes - Review
For the Love of Books - Review
Rumpled Sheets Blog - Review/Author Interview
Fiction and Fashion - Review
The Little Black Book Blog - Review

Oct 16
The Lovely Books - Review
Shh Moms Reading - Review
True Story Book Blog - Review/Character Interview
Up All Night Book Blog - Promo
Mommy's Late Night Book-up - Review
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews - Review
Thoughts and Reviews - Review

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good book. Thank you for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete