Blogger Widgets

Monday, October 21, 2013

Three Broken Promises review




Breakout New Adult sensation Monica Murphy returns with a hot new contemporary romance—a heartfelt story of second chances, forgiveness, and redemption.

Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.


I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.

Review 
3.75 out of 4 Stars

Wow talk about some frustrating characters. Colin and Jen go back and forth so much that you may suffer from whip lash by the end of the book. (Im not saying thats a bad thing it made things VERY interesting) When I finished drew & Fables story I was HOPING for this story to come about, because Colin had completely beguiled me and I HAD to know his story. He was such a mystery, and in Three Broken Promises we get to slowly unravel the puzzle that is Colin. AND what a complex character he is. Jen, Jen has a past she isn't proud of and that she lives with over whelming guilt from what she once had to do to survive.  Her guilt though doesn't out weigh her fear of how Colin would react and see her if he ever found out.  Be prepared to be extremely frustrated with these two as they try to deny their connection and feelings.
In the end though totally worth the read. 


About the Author

Monica Murphy is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the One Week Girlfriend series. She writes new adult and contemporary romance for Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as Karen Erickson. A native Californian, she lives in the foothills below Yosemite.

Author Links


Books by Monica Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment