Blogger Widgets

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Review The Temptation of Lila and Ethan



Synopsis
From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Ella and Micha series comes a gripping story of passion, pain, and the courage to love . . .

THE TEMPTATION OF LILA AND ETHAN

On the surface, Lila Summers is flawless: good looks, expensive clothes, and a big, beautiful smile. But a dark past and even darker secrets are threatening to bubble over her perfect fa├žade. She'll do anything to keep the emptiness inside hidden-which leads her into situations that always end badly. Whenever she hits bottom, there's only one person who's there to pull her out: Ethan Gregory.

Ethan set the rules a long time ago: he and Lila are just friends. He doesn't do relationships. Although his tattooed, bad boy exterior is a far cry from Lila's pretty princess image, Ethan can't deny they have a deeper connection than he's used to. If he's not careful, he could be in serious danger of becoming attached-and he's learned the hard way that attachment only leads to heartbreak.

When Lila falls farther than she ever has before, can Ethan continue to help as a friend? Or is he also getting close to falling . . . for her?


Review
4.5 out of 5 Stars

I spent all day today reading The Secret of Ella and Micha, followed by The Forever of Ella & Micha, and then finally The Temptation of Lila & Ethan. The Temptation of Lila and Ethan is by my favorite, it may just be my favorite of Sorensons books PERIOD. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed Ella & Michas story and can't wait to read the next part of their story, but I just seemed to connect more with Lila and Ethans story. Maybe their issues were tougher then Ella & Michas? Truthfully I can't tell you why I liked it more I just did. They went through something truly amazing and yet horrible together, and came out even stronger then when they began. I loved reading their interactions with one another, they had just amazing back and forth banter and WHOLLY MOLLY can we say SEXUAL TENSION! PHEW!  Yet their relationship/friendship was so much more then that. It was on such a deep level, which we did get to see some of in the first two books in the series, tho I seriously thought they were secretly doing it in those books! NOW I will tell you I believe this one could be read as a stand alone and it would be GREAT, BUT I think in order to understand and FULLY experience it ALL you should start with The Secret of Ella and Micha and see Lila and Ethan from the beginning, so that you can see for yourself exactly how good they are at hiding who they truly are/were. Simply PHENOMENAL I really can't think of any other word that would do this book justice. I loved every single tear worthy moment and all the moments in between.  


Author Info

The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives in the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.



Author Links


Books by Jessica Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment