Blogger Widgets

Monday, October 21, 2013

Addicted To You review




She’s addicted to sex. He’s addicted to booze…the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway’s biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale’s best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they’ve pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They’ve mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other.


New Adult Romance recommended for readers 18+ for mature content

Review 
4.5 out of 5 Stars

Wow, awesome book. The cover almost lead me NOT to read this one and for once I'm glad I didn't let my whole judging a book by its cover do me in. Yea I still cringe when I see the girl on the cove and I HOPE to all hell Lily isn't that thin, because in my head she wasn't, but it's an accurate depiction to how she was described. Lilly has a problem she is ADDICTED to sex, anytime and place she CRAVES it. Her best friend Lo is an ALCOHOLIC. These two scream CO DEPENDENCY. Yet I rooted for them, I will admit I was a little confused in the beginning about Lo's actions, but I was EXTREMELY happy to find out his true motives. These two characters are going to have to go thru hell and back to have a functional relationship, and I pray that in the end they will be together. But I don't know if that is where this story is going to go, and yes I'm scared that in the end there will not be a HEA, because seriously two addicts is a recipe for disaster, but I CAN'T NOT find out how it will end. That is GOOD writing and GREAT plot at work because I AM A SUCKER for a HEA. I would STRONGLY advise adding these to your MUST read list.




About the Author
Krista Ritchie has a clone...or someone who looks exactly like her. If she's not writing books with her twin sister, she's pouring over entertainment news and ingesting copious amounts of pop culture. She likes tennis, that thing called the TV, and beating Becca (her clone) on Sega Genesis. She created YA Book Exchange to combat her book buying addiction and started Nawanda Files, a YA Book Blog that features books into movies news, to share her love for all things bookish. Oh, and she does something called science. Whatever that is.

Krista & Becca Ritchie write New Adult books that make you cringe, gasp, and go ooh-la-la. (If you do that sort of thing.) They are currently working on the spin-offs and final books in the Addicted series. 


Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment