Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Deeper Review

Rain Wilson isn’t ever going to love again.

It’s a promise she made the day her boyfriend died in a water park accident, one she still blames herself for. Now she’s a senior lifeguard in a new town with a new pool and she’s just going to keep her head down and everyone safe.

Until a mysterious guy follows her into the waves at the pre-season bonfire and kisses her senseless. It’s just one mistake, and Rain is determined to put it behind her, until the dark haired, blue eyed hottie turns out to be her new co-supervisor Knight Mcallister.

Knight is hot, tatted, and carrying baggage of his own. He’s not happy about having Rain for a co-supervisor, and he’s even less happy about his attraction to her.

But between lifeguard drama, hot underwater kisses, and a growing attraction between them that can’t be stopped, Knight and Rain are being pulled deeper into their pasts, and realizing that sometimes too much broken can make a relationship impossible.


Then again sometimes it’s the broken parts of us that fit together best.


Review 
3 Stars

Two people with SERIOUS issues trying to find love again, well kinda because one actually refuses to love.  I'm not going to give you a whole lot of the story because there are a lot of things that take time to be discussed in the book and I don't want to give away any spoilers. What I will tell you is all in all it was a great summer read, super quick and easy to get thru and I honestly had a hard time putting it down which is why when I should be in bed I am writing this review lol I won't lie  had some issues with Rains character, she seemed a little inconsistent to me she would go from acting all mature to being your typical teenager, but this didn't overly bother me because SOME people actually act like that. Knight. Where to start on his character ALL IN ALL I liked him, but again at times he was a little to CAVEMAN for me, tho Rain did call him out on his sexist behavior a lot. Now don;t get me wrong both these characters have reasons (that I will not spoil for you) for behaving the way they do, but I really did enjoy Deeper and watching these two work out not only their issues but there relationship as well. I have seen a lot of negative reviews and I really just don't agree with them and would like to remind you all that 3 STARS is a good rating!


About the Author

Blue Ashcroft is a water baby who was basically raised on her family's different boats. She enjoys swimming, cliff diving, walking during rainstorms, and playing in puddles. She lifeguarded for three years and brings that experience to her debut novel Deeper, a new adult romance about two lifeguards with traumatic experiences coming together and healing together.

She loves snuggling with her husband, and yes, kissing him under water. She does not, however, condone anyone trying to replicate the under water kissing scenes in Deeper. Some of them are dangerous even for strong swimmers.


Author Links



No comments:

Post a Comment