Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Breaking Nova Review

Nova Reed used to have dreams-of becoming a famous drummer, of marrying her true love. But all of that was taken away in an instant. Now she's getting by as best she can, though sometimes that means doing things the old Nova would never do. Things that are slowly eating away at her spirit. Every day blends into the next . . . until she meets Quinton Carter. His intense, honey brown eyes instantly draw her in, and he looks just about as broken as she feels inside.

Quinton once got a second chance at life-but he doesn't want it. The tattoos on his chest are a constant reminder of what he's done, what he's lost. He's sworn to never allow happiness into his life . . . but then beautiful, sweet Nova makes him smile. He knows he's too damaged to get close to her, yet she's the only one who can make him feel alive again. Quinton will have to decide: does he deserve to start over? Or should he pay for his past forever?


Review 
4.5 Stars

"People say that time heals all wounds, and maybe there right."

I don't know if it was just me but the very beginning had my stomach in knots. Not just Novas POV but Quintons POV was just as heartbreaking.

"But what if the wounds don't heal correctly, like when cuts leave behind nasty scars, or when broken bones mend together, but aren't as smooth anymore?"

Two young people who have both lost the people they thought they would spend their lives with.

"Does it mean they're really healed? Or is it that the body did what it could do to fix what broke..." "But what exactly broke with me..with him...I'm not sure, but it feels like I need to find out..somehow...about him..about myself...but how the f*** do I find out about him when the only person that truly knew what was real..is gone."

With the help of the other can they possibly find the answers they are looking for/need to truly heal, and start living again instead of just existing. This is seriously an emotional read, grab your Kleenex and prepare to ugly cry and be thrown through a whirlwind of emotions. Amazing characters that when they feel you feel. Does a story really get any better then that. i don't think so. But at times I also found myself truly frustrated with Nova and Quinton, again though this only tells me yet again how amazing I find this book because I find that to be the case few and far between. Breaking Nova is more then just romance it is
Life
Loss
Grief
Guilt
and Hope
I can not wait to read the next book in this series, because the ending just about broke me.


My Casting



Author Info

The New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Jessica Sorensen, lives in the snowy mountains of Wyoming. When she's not writing, she spends her time reading and hanging out with her family.



Author Links

https://www.facebook.com/JessicaSorensensAdultContemporaryNovels
http://jessicasorensensblog.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/jessfallenstar/
https://twitter.com/jessFallenStar

Books by Jessica Sorenson

No comments:

Post a Comment