Blogger Widgets

Monday, July 15, 2013

Seeds of Hate Blog Tour


Seed of Hate by Melissa Perea
They said high school would be fun. 
They said we would make forever friends.
They said we would have the time of our lives.


They lied.



Excerpt from the author:



“He punished me daily Selah. Daily! He wouldn’t leave me alone. He kept making me pay. He wouldn’t stop. He wouldn’t stop!” I yelled, hot spit flying out of my mouth into the cold.



“Javi, I can’t hold on. Please stop! Make it stop!” She cried.



“I couldn’t make it stop Selah. I tried ignoring him. I tried walking away. I tried everything!” My voice cut the air and if the sky could cry from pain it did.



“Stop it, Javi! Stop it!” She yelled once more.



I grabbed one bar with both hands and halted the merry-go-round. Selah’s body had moved to the outer edge from the force of the spin, her hands were bright red and slipped from the bars as she hung over the side. Her chest moved up and down rapidly and her hair ran wild around her eyes. 



We both held still. 



The park now abandoned in the setting sun was quiet except for the crows on the telephone wire. Their silhouette the only movement against the moon except for the silent breeze rustling the trees.



She sat up and held her head in her hands, “What did you do Javi?” She questioned me without wanting to know the answer. Looking up she caught my eye, “What did you do?”



I walked up to her, knelt in the sand at her knees and grabbed her hand. Raising it up in the air I dropped it back down. And then my head followed into her lap and my shoulders fell forward wrapping my arms around her warmth. 



“I let go.” I said. And as I held her, I let it all go again. Except this time, it was better.








Review
5 out of 5 stars

Seeds of Hate is more then just a story, it has meaning and a purpose, it sends a beautiful message.  As i read the last few pages I was in tears, as I read that there would be more I was ecstatic not only because I would get more Selah and Javi but because I would get more of the authors amazing writing. I spent a 
portion of this book confused (the beginning) I had so many questions about Javi, but they were all answered perfectly and at the perfect times. Javi was betrayed in a horrible way by someone he thought he could trust, and his mother was an absentee parent who tried her best. Selah has lost the people closest to her and has no one to love her, but one day she decides to try and comfort a boy who seems even more alone then her. Selah and Javi form a beautiful friendship that had been built on understanding and genuine compassion for the other and we get to watch it bloom into something spectacular. I myself can't wait to find out who Javi and Selahs story end, and I highly suggest you plant yourself down and read this fantastic book and I hope it moves you the way it has moved me. 


Author Bio
I get very cranky when I am tired. If getting fat wasn't a side effect, I
would eat freshly baked cookies and milk every day for breakfast.
Currently, I have one kid, one husband and one dog. I plan to add more to
the kids and possibly the dogs, but definitely am keeping the husband to
one. If for some random reason you stumbled upon my high school yearbook
you would find a picture of me under "Class Clown". I have a college
degree, but instead of earning dollar bills with my educated mind, I spend
my days playing with my offspring. My life is super fun.
I write because I want so share my heart with you and make you think more
about the world around you.
Melissa Peres was born and raised in Southern California.  She currently
resides in San Diego with her husband and children.  Seeds of Hate is
Melissa's first novel.
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7061084.Melissa_Perea
@melissaperea on twitter


PLAYLIST

Chapter 1 - “Notice” by Gomez
Chapter 2 - “Be Here Now” by Ray LaMontagne
Chapter 3 - “Into the Ocean” by Blue October
Chapter 4 - “We’re Going to be Friends” by Jack Johnson
Chapter 5 - “Paperthin Hymn” Anberlin
Chapter 6 - “Don’t Let Them See You Cry” by Manchester Orchestra
Chapter 7 - “The Story” by Zee Avi
Chapter 8 - “Glycerine” by Bush
Chapter 9 - “You’ll Be Alright” by Act As If
Chapter 10 - “Clouds” by Zach
Chapter 11 - “Breakable” by Ingrid Michaelson
Chapter 12 - “Living in the Moment” by Jason Mraz and “Green Onions” by Booker T. And the MG’s
Chapter 13 - “No Harm” by The Boxer Rebellion
Chapter 14 - “Bowspirit” by Balmorhea
Chapter 15 - “First Breath After Coma” by Explosions in the Sky
Chapter 16 - “Baleen Morning” by Balmorhea
Chapter 17 - “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley

Chapter 18 - “Lettera” by Camilia Jordana
Chapter 19 - “Heartbeats” by Jose Gonzalez
Chapter 20 - “Bukowski” by Modest Mouse
Chapter 21 - “You Make Me Smile” by Blue October
Chapter 22 - “Hate (I really don’t like you)” by The Plain White T’s
Chapter 23 - “A la Claire Fontaine” by Clipounets
Chapter 24 - “The Cave” by Mumford and Sons
Chapter 25 - “Local God” - Everclear
Chapter 26 - “Last Resort” by Papa Roach
Chapter 27 - “I’ve got this friend” by the Civil Wars
Chapter 28 - “Hold Me Slow” by Ashtree
Chapter 29 - “She’s My Ride Home” - by Blue October
Chapter 30 - “Congratulations” by Blue October
Chapter 31 - “Quicksand” by Sleeping At Last
Chapter 32 - “Let Her Go” by Passenger
Chapter 33 - “Left You” by Color of Clouds

Extra’s: “Altessa” by Balmorhea






















a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment