Blogger Widgets

Friday, June 21, 2013

Fading Blog Tour


Synopsis



Can a guilty conscience keep wounds from healing?



Fine arts major, Candace Parker, grew up with a mother who thinks image is everything, and her daughter’s perfection will never be good enough. About to graduate college and pursue her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, Candace decides it’s time to let go and have a little fun. But fun is short-lived when a brutal attack leaves her completely shattered. 



The memories that consume and torment Candace are starting to destroy her when she meets Ryan Campbell, a successful bar owner. He feels instantly connected and tries to show her that hope is worth fighting for. But is Ryan harboring his own demons? As walls slowly begin to chip away, the secrets that are held within start to become painful burdens. 



At what point do secrets become lies?



(17+) This book contains mature subject matter that is not suitable for those under the age of 17.



Review
5 out of 5 Stars 

Candace had a very normal life, well sorta, until one night where a brutal attack changed everything. Ryan has been chipping away at the wall Candace has built around herself, but he's keeping some thing from her that could destroy everything that he has fought so hard to gain. I found myself in tears at so many points in this book, it was such a touching and tragic story, but it also carries such a beautiful message of hope, healing, love and friendship. I really don't want to give a whole lot away I think every single one of you should pick this one up, curl up on your sofa and be prepared to take this amazing journey with Candace. I remember the first time I saw something for Fading my first thought was I can't wait to read that. I love a good deep dark story, but sometimes they aren't always done so well and can leave me with a bad taste in my mouth, and by that they show rapid healing and unrealistic feelings, this was nothing like that which is why I think it so awesome this could be your story or even your best friends story, or any girl walking down the streets story. ( and before I get a ton of hate mail yes I know everyone heals differently and at different speeds)  So basically what I'm saying is if I could shout my love for this book from the rooftops I would ( I'm scared of heights) 









EXCERPT
Ambulance

I stare up at the bright white light that is above me in the cab of the ambulance and focus on my breathing.
What just happened? Is this even real?
“Miss, how do you feel? Can you tell me if anything hurts?” he asks.
How do I feel? I don’t know how I feel. I don’t even know what the hell just happened. I feel scared and numb. I feel everything and nothing all at once. I feel like this is a dream—a goddamn nightmare that I can’t wake up from. I don’t understand. I’m so confused. Fear and misery rip through me and create a new emotion that I can’t even begin to describe. My heated tears roll continuously down the side of my face as I remain staring at the white light.
“Miss?”
“I don’t know,” is all I can manage to say, my only attempt at a response to his very confusing question.
I move my eyes downward to look at my body, and I am covered in a grey wool blanket. Suddenly, I remember that I am naked beneath this blanket. Embarrassment wells up inside of me, and I begin to sob uncontrollably.
“I want to go home!”

No comments:

Post a Comment