Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Consequences Blog Tour




Synopsis
Besieged by memories of a brutal abduction, Claire Nichols wakes in an unfamiliar bedroom, within a luxurious mansion. Her recollections have one common denominator, the man she just met, Anthony Rawlings. Unbeknownst to Claire, for a very long time, she has been within Anthony’s sights. Many of the pivotal events in her life occurred, due to his sinister manipulation. Every action has a consequence, and his actions result in their chance meeting. More than a psychological thriller, Consequences is a vivid story of one woman’s struggle to survive incomprehensible circumstances. Every aspect of her being suddenly depends upon the tall, wealthy, dark haired, dark eyed businessman. Anthony Rawlings is known to the world as prosperous, benevolent, and kind. Claire quickly learns that he can also be a menacing controlling captor. With few options but concession, Claire attempts to earn her freedom, while enduring a hellish existence that truly appears perfect. Persevering tests and trials, she struggles to retain her pure Midwest values and beliefs. Encouraged by memories of a loving upbringing, she gains strength in the simplest of joys: solitude in nature and good in the face of evil. His goal in sight, Anthony’s calculated agenda encounters an unforeseen detour. He becomes captivated by Claire’s beauty, resilience, and determination. The interaction of these two compelling characters instigates strong emotions: fear, anger, love, and lust. Claire and Anthony’s tumultuous journey flows into uncharted waters of intrigue and passion. Utilizing vivid detail, this 167,000-word novel unfolds like a movie, before the eyes of its readers. From the opening criminal abduction, through twists and turns, to the unlikely romantic thrills, the suspense climaxes as Anthony’s motivation becomes evident. Anthony and Claire must decide if they will stay true to one another, or allow preceding actions to result in justifiable Consequences.





“He spoke again as if he hadn’t just shattered his promise and her security. Her house of glass now lay in a pile of shards.”


This book is Wow just wow. I was terrified going into this book, it is not my normal kind of read. Well since Consequences was on sale for a whopping $0.99 (its worth that and so much more) I figured I'd give it a go. I would not classify this as a romance, even tho when Anthony is being sweet to her it can almost seem that way. The "hero" Anthony Rawlings (and I'm using that term lightly because he is no HERO or is he? more like a criminal ) anyways he is more like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type of character. Even in his "sweeter" moments  I had a hard time getting over his brutality in other moments. I did not know what I was going to feel from one minute to the next!
 photo tumblr_mf74vycCqx1qec4gro1_500_large_zps9c69fd8f.gif


This book is an excellent read in fact it's my favorite read of the year.,it  may not be my typical read but it grabbed me and wouldn't let me go and has opened my eyes to a whole new kind of book. I wanted to cry for and hug Claire.
 photo gif-britney-cry_zpsaaa45366.gif
 photo tumblr_mf3pbcWuGU1qgvmmyo1_500_zpsa8db8658.gif

 But most importantly and above all my favorite thing about this book was I absolutely didn't see the ending coming,
 photo tumblr_mb7aexYKRu1rx8lgjo1_500_zps001170ed.gif

which is so rare. The very second I finished Consequences I ran onto Amazon to but Truth, waiting was NOT  an option. This book took my mind to places I never thought they'd go.
These book is the true meaning of a mind fuck.
 photo tumblr_mk7ooy4c491qe04m3o1_500_zpsd8197a77.gif

Make sure you have Truth  handy after you finish you're going to need it!

And Aleatha Romig My hat is off to you! You are SPECTACULAR!
 photo tumblr_inline_mhs1qfVcwf1qz4rgp_zpsc9434d10.gif


“God she hated the dance. A blow to the cheek one minute and discussing a romantic getaway the next. It was the one stepforward, two steps back waltz. She wanted to scream. Sitting on the side of the bed, Claire allowed herself tears and swallowed”









Aleatha's Casting!


















Author Bio:


Aleatha Romig voted #1 "New Author to Read" on Goodreads, July 2012 through now! She is a "Published Author's Network" member of the Romance Writer's of America.
She has lived most of her life in Indiana, growing-up in Mishawaka, graduating from Indiana University, and currently living south of Indianapolis. Together with her husband of twenty six years, they've raised three children. She works days as a dental hygienist and enjoys spending her nights writing. She also likes to spend time with her family, friends and patients. Her pastimes include exercising, reading and writing.
Aleatha enjoys traveling, especially when there is a beach involved. In 2011 she had the opportunity to visit Sydney, Australia to visit her daughter studying at the University of Wollongong. Her dream is to travel to places in her novels and around the world. CONSEQUENCES, her first novel was released in August 2011 and has sold over 20,000 copies. TRUTH, the sequel was released October 2012 and has surpassed 10,000 copies in less than 3 months!
Aleatha originally published through self publisher Xlibris a subsidiarity of Author's Solution/ Penguin Publishing. In October of 2012 she re-published on her own, a true Indie Author. Later that month she published Truth through Romig Works. Aleatha is happy to be represented by Danielle Egan-Miller of Browne & Miller Literary Associates.

Author Links: 






Author Interview!

          What was the hardest part of writing Consequences?

The hardest part was deciding how much detail to put in my manuscript. My original draft had more detail.  It was so disturbing to my mother and sister-in-law that they couldn’t read the story.  So, I decided to employ more of the “fade to black” technique.  Honestly, I still have people who think my reading is too disturbing and others who want more detail.  I’ve come to the conclusion; you can’t please everyone – so please yourself. 

         How did you come up with the storyline for Consequences?

I had the “vision” or “thought” of the opening scene.  I didn’t know any more, but wanted to learn more.  That’s how it started...

            Do you have any advice for other writers?

Two bits of advice:  #1 Write for your own enjoyment.  If you don’t like what you write, neither will anyone else.  If your words make you smile or cry, it will do the same for others.  And in the same vein, don’t let your style be dictated by the rules and limitations of others.  I was told on multiple occasions, “You can’t do that.” What I hear excessively from readers is, “I love that your books are different.”  Had I listened to what I was told, on how I had to fit into a mold, they wouldn’t be different.
 #2 IF you plan to write a series, know that when you start.  Building from a single book is much more difficult!  (I plan to follow that advice in the future)

        What message or advice do you want to give your readers?

Step outside the box.  My series is not defined by genre.  I thought I was writing a psychological thriller/ romantic element.  My agent said I wrote:  Contemporary Dark Romance/ thriller.  My point is: branch out... keep an open mind... enjoy... and remember, it is still fiction! As much as many of us would like to believe there is a real Anthony Rawlings, there isn’t.  In fiction, we can explore situations we’d never attempt in reality... just enjoy!

          What were the challenges in bringing Consequences to life?

I was and am so inexperienced.  Consequences was published in August of 2011 by a self-publishing publisher.  In October 2012 I rereleased Consequences completely Indie.  Just last week I entered an agreement with a copy editor.  I’d had Consequences and Truth line-edited... and as many have pointed out, there are still mistakes.  Being self-published I’m not accustomed to having someone tell me “consider deleting” or “consider re-wording” or anything else...  I’m excited and scared.
The truth is, I believe I have wonderful stories and want to do anything and everything to bring the best version to the world.  To date Consequences has sold almost 50,000 copies! That amazes me!

Consequences Teaser

The fade into consciousness happened slowly like the melting of ice. The water was still present. It just changed form. Claire’s mind couldn’t process the entirety of her circumstance. She knew she was awakening, felt the warmth of soft sheets and a thick comforter against her skin, but it felt wrong. Where was she?
Suddenly, the ice became liquid and her veins filled with the cold, condensing fluid. Her heartbeat intensified as the poor muscle attempted to pump the viscous solution. The sting of her swollen eyelids brought back memories of her arrival to this place. She strained to listen, to hear anything. The only sound that registered was an incessant ringing within her ears. More with curiosity than courage, she cautiously opened her eyes. Peering around the room, she discovered that she was indeed alone. Momentary relief caused her chest to contract and a sigh to escape her lips.
Under other circumstances, she might relish the amazing softness of the silk sheets or the grandeur of the king-sized bed. Today, however, despite the warm cocoon, her body shivered as the fog of her mind cleared. The memories of the last previous night began to surface from the depths of her unconsciousness. Perhaps it had been nightmare. She tried to convince herself the memories weren’t real.
But then, how did she get here? And where was here?
Enormous windows, currently covered by golden drapes, allowed just enough sunlight for her eyes to adjust. For the first time since her arrival, she looked, really looked at her surroundings, seeing the four ornately carved corner posts of the bed. They were exquisite, and looking beyond, so was the room where it sat. The alluring bedroom looked larger and more lavish than any she had ever seen. The room looked like heaven, but she already knew it was hell.


a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment