Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Every Rose Blog Tour



Synopsis

What do you do when you realise you were foolish enough to throw away true, unconditional love? Lorraina Dabney turns her back on her creativity and tumultuous upbringing to embark on a college career that will lead her to law school and to becoming what she values most in life—a controlled, powerful, respected woman. When she stumbles upon her childhood friend's artwork, she feels inspired to reconnect with him and her former self. This onslaught of emotion will send Lorraina into a tale-spin to figure out exactly why she abandoned all that she was, all that she could've been. Coming from his own chaotic upbringing, Michael falls quickly and deeply in love with Lorraina at a tender age. Even her rejection can't stand in the way of his obsession. When she starts to date other boys, however, Michael finally relents, causing him to spiral further into a world filled with violence, drugs, alcohol, and women. Realising his lifestyle will only lead to his further estrangement from Lorraina, Michael sets about to turn himself around before going to get his girl. Michael Bang will have Lorraina questioning everything. 





Review 4.5 out of 5 Stars

I have just finished Every Rose ( I try to write my review while they are fresh in my mind) and my heart literally aches. Lynetta made me feel for these characters not just feel for them but care about them. Now I didn't notice any grammar errors if they are there I don't know my grammar isn't the best, but if they are they  don't take away from the story. I loved how we randomly got flashbacks of memories.But upon finishing Every Rose I feel like my heart has been ripped out, I wish I had some warning. So I am warning you make sure you have some damn tissues with you when you read this story, because it can and will invoke your emotions. On a final note I think it was beautifully told and simply well I can;t really say with out giving to much away.

Review by Nicole T





Review 3 out of 5 Stars


Holy guacamole that ending! Wow, I'm almost speechless. Talk about being thrown a curve ball. This was a good read and I truly enjoyed Every Rose. I fail to find the proper words to describe the overall story. It's one of those you'll have to read it to find out. Why the 3 Stars -fair warning- I'm not going to sugar coat it. There are some areas that need improvement. Dialogue being one of them. Was this issue a deal breaker for me, no - but I was a bit bothered by it. After reading well over 500+ novels I've come to expect a certain standard. I'm not saying Every Rose doesn't meet my standards, I just can't in good faith give it any higher than 3 stars. Have I let emotion sway my reviews in the past, yes. As long as the story is fluid, I could care less about grammar issues(usually*.) I did feel the dialogue issues distracted from the story's natural flow, hence the 3 stars. The overall story was great. If I rated on plot and entertainment value this would easily be 5 Stars. What bothers me, might not bother you, so regardless I think most people would really enjoy this story.



*As long as the flow isn't interrupted, meaning no noticeable grammar errors every other sentence



Review by Nicole D

Excerpt 
“Whatcha doing?” he asks playfully as if he doesn’t know the effect he has on me.
“Oh…Nothing. Just trying to memorize you,” I admit without really thinking too much about it.
“I wouldn’t think you would have to with all those pictures you took last night,” he grumbles. Ah, yes. I must have taken around fifty pictures of him and us. I smile as I remember how fun it was to make him my model. Look this way and that—pouty face, The Thinker, kissy face. He protested a little until I persuaded him as only a woman in love could. I had definitely misappropriated the use of the camera my mom bought me.
“That was fun,” I tell him.
“For you maybe,” he grimaces. “It’s a good thing I don’t believe that a picture steals your soul. As many as you took, I’d be completely bereft.”
“Such a beautiful soul too,” I whisper.





Author Bio

For as long as she can remember, Lynetta Halat has lived to read and has written countless stories and plays since she was a young girl. A teacher by day and an avid reader and closet writer by night, she has always dreamt of penning books that people could connect with and remember; and her first novel, Every Rose, is the perfect catalyst to launch her into the world of publishing. Her love of the English language prompted her to pursue a master's degree in English from Old Dominion University in Virginia. A self-proclaimed "Coast Girl," she lives in Mississippi with her adorable husband, two amazing sons, and two loveable dogs. She is currently at work on her second book.




How to find Lynetta

Good Reads Profile http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6969980.Lynetta_Halat
Good Reads Book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17458004-every-rose
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/LynettaHalatAuthor

Buy Links

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Every-Rose-Lynetta-Halat/dp/1483935906/ref=la_B00BSGC5BC_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367661741&sr=1-1

Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/289617

Every Rose Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment