Blogger Widgets

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Second Chance Boyfriend ~Monica Murphy Blog Tour!



Second Chance Boyfriend
4.5 out of 5 Stars!!
(Review contains spoilers for those who have not read One Week Girlfriend)


Synopsis


Lost. That one single word best describes my life at this very moment. I lost the last games of the season and both my team and my coach blame me. I lost the last two months because I drowned in my own despair like a complete loser. And I lost the only girl who ever mattered because I was afraid being with me would destroy her.

But now I realize how truly lost I am without her. She has become my story…and even though she acts like she’s moved on, I know she still thinks about me just as much as I think about her. She’s beautiful, sweet—and so damn vulnerable, all I want to do is help her. Be there for her.

Love her…

If only I could convince Fable to give me a second chance. Then I wouldn’t feel so lost anymore, and neither would she. We could be found together.

Forever.


Review
Marshmallow
I don't think I will ever look at that word the same. Drew screwed up at the end of One Week Girlfriend, MAJORLY, and boy is he paying for it. Fable has been trying to put herself back together and move on tho her heart still aches for what her and Drew had.  Yes when Drew finds out the possibility that his sister might have been is daughter that was MESSED up, but he should not have ran from Fable and he's realizing that now. But is it going to be too little too late? When Drew comes face to face with Fable she looks different and when Fable see Drew her emotions are going everywhere. Will Drew and Fable be able to find each other again? Learn to trust? What wil crazy Adele do know that Andrew knows?


I loved Second Chance Boyfriend. Now it didn't have as many deep dark secrets revealed but it sure the hell had its heart pounding moments, and some totally 
 photo wth_zps6d37fe6b.gif

moments

And then of course we have not heard from crazy a$$ Adele 
 photo bitches_zpse71a51c1.gif

but I have to admit I do love me a good villain and Adele was written beautifully vain, self absorbed and crazy as all hell!

Now there was always some white hot chemistry between Drew & Fable and Murphy doesn't disappoint when it comes to the steamy scenes ...

 photo hotgif_zps6285ef76.gif

I know that if you have read One Week Girlfriend that it is completely unfathomable that you won;t be reading Second Chance Boyfriend because Drew & Fable are such terrific characters you have to know how it ends for them. But if for some STRANGE reason you haven't yet read these the best possible advice I could give you is run to wherever you purchase your books AND BUY THESE!

Oh and Monica Murphy if by some crazy chance you are reading this

 I HAVE TO KNOW WILL WE BE SEEING MORE OF COLLIN???


And of course my song for Drew & Fable
Christina Aguilera's Hurt



Guest Post!
Find out about the Music that helped inspire our beloved characters story.



Second Chance Boyfriend: Music Inspiration


While writing One Week Girlfriend, I didn’t listen much to music. I was too busy furiously typing as the story poured from my brain in a matter of weeks (no joke). But with Second Chance Boyfriend, I created an entire playlist on Spotify, which you can see it here on my blog and follow it if you’d like.

There are a lot of songs that make me think of Drew + Fable. One in particular that’s not on the Spotify playlist because it’s not available there, is Stay by Rihanna, featuring Mikky Ekko. Oh, the lyrics are just perfect for Drew + Fable. It’s like the song is written for them, I swear. Here is a favorite part:

I threw my hands in the air and said, “Show me something,”
He said, “If you dare come a little closer.”

Here’s the video:


Yep, that is so Fable + Drew it’s not even funny.

Try by Pink is perfect too. I love that song even though it’s been played to death all over the place. The lyrics are all Drew. I like this bit especially:

Ever worried that it might be ruined
And does it make you wanna cry?
When you’re out there doing what you’re doing
Are you just getting by?

The “are you just getting by” line is especially Drew. Because he moves like a robot through life prior to meeting Fable…

I got stuck on the album by The Weekend when I was writing SCB. The song Wicked Games fits perfectly with the scene (spoiler peeps—warning ya!) when Drew goes to the strip club with his friends. In fact, the song inspired that scene because I hadn’t originally planned on Drew doing that. It’s rather un-Drew like, don’t you think?

But that’s what made it all the better. Sometimes you have to push your characters out of their comfort zone. Push yourself the writer out of your comfort zone as well. Here are lyrics from Wicked Games that inspired the scene (warning the song is extremely explicit—as in the guy can’t seem to stop cursing. LOL):

Bring your love baby I can bring my shame
Bring the drugs baby I can bring my pain
I got my heart right here
I got my scars right here
Bring the cups baby I can bring the drink
Bring your body baby I can bring you fame

The drug references don’t work but the bringing of shame and pain that is again, all Drew.

Finally, there’s I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz. Again, another song that’s been played to death but I don’t care. The message is perfect. This is Fable’s song to Drew. Even though all he ever wants to do is run, she’s ready to stand strong and stand by her man. I love that about Fable. She’s loyal to a fault. Nothing seems to scare her. Well, she’s scared but she’s good at putting on a brave face.

Here’s my favorite lyrics that’s like a message from Fable to Drew in my eyes:

Well, I won’t give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I’m giving you all my love
I’m still looking up

I hope you check out some of these songs and my playlist if you’re interested! And let me know if there are any songs that you know and love that make you think of Drew + Fable. I’d love to hear your suggestions!





Author Bio:

Monica Murphy writes books with boys and kissing in them. She also likes to read books with boys and kissing in them. Writer of new adult contemporary romance-ish stuff. Mom and wife. Native Californian.












Marshmallow necklace You Could Win!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Tour Schedule!

April 8th

Hackaroo Reviews-Author InterviewHesperia Loves Books-Guest Post

April 9th

RELEASE LAUNCH DAY 

April 10th


April 11th


April 12th

The Bookish Babe-Guest PostI Love Indie Books-Guest Post

April 13th

Book Addicted AA-Guest PostA Book Lover’s Review-Text Message Post

April 14th

The Book Goddess-InterviewWhirlwind Books-Interview

April 15th


April 16th


April 17th


April 18th

I Heart Big Books-Character InterviewStuck in Books-Guest Post

April 19th


April 20th


April 21st

Reader Girls-ExcerptRomance Addict-Interview

April 22nd

Romancing Rakes-Guest PostReality Bites-Interview

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! And YES. I definitely want to write a book for Colin & Jen. :)

    ReplyDelete