Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Blog Tour~ Taking Angels by CS Yelle



4 out of 5 stars
A great beginning to a paranormal series. It has everything you could ask for good writing, action, a love story and a heroin you like. Britt is dying, or well she was and then something completely unexplainable  happens and her whole world changes. Most teenage girls would freak out but not Britt she has a good head on her shoulders but when the nightmares begin she can't decide if they were worth surviving the cancer. Allistar... where to being he's dreamy handsome caring protective and Alpha nothing not to like. Britt's friends were so fiercely loyal and protective you can only wish they were your friends. If I was to compare this to something I have read before it would be Alyson Noel's The Immortals series. ( no they are not the same but it's the most comparable) Humans, Angels & Eternals Oh my!




                                                                      

                                                                                          
Britt Anderson went along with everything the doctors said for nearly four years, but she was still dying at eighteen. The cancer had won leaving her without a future, without any options, and without control. No control, except for how she would leave this world. As Britt tries to end her life by going into the frigid waters she realizes her mistake. She struggles to get back to shore, to cry out for help, but her atrophied muscles are useless and the frigid water steals the breath from her chemo-scarred lungs. Despite her father’s attempts to reach her, she flies over the waterfall.


When Allister Parks finds Britt’s fragile body on the riverbank something calls out to him. Ignoring the warnings of his sister, Allister brings Britt back from the edge of death. The only problem is that an Eternal like Allister isn’t allowed to touch those who have already passed from this world. It is forbidden; an infraction punishable by death.


As Britt relishes her new cancer-free life and senior year of high school, her very existence threatens Allister’s place in this world. Allister struggles to keep Britt a secret from the Eternal Council and out of the hands of the only Eternal who already knows the   truth: the one who stole her guardian angel.

 Interview with Allistar!

Hi Allistar! So we don't want to keep you too long! But we do have a few questions for you!

So Allistar we know you've been around for awhile, Whats your favorite book?

Allistar: The Cossacks by Leo Tolstoy, the first novel I ever read. Believed to be more of an autobiographical of Tolstoy's experiences in the Caucasion War in the 1850’s.

Wow! It's crazy to think that is the first book you've ever read looking at you!
So if you could pick any song that reminded you of Britt what would it be?

Allistar: Stronger by Kelly Clarkson – Britt’s strength in the most difficult situations amazes me.

I think I'd have to agree, she is pretty amazing. 
Getting a little more personal with this one, Have you ever had feelings for anyone other then Britt?

Allistar: Over 180 years of existence I have met many intriguing women. While I truly believe I had feelings for them, none have possessed that special “pull” that draws me to them as Britt does.

Aww... 
Ok I have to know why did you leave the pizzeria so suddenly?

Allistar: Knowing the dangers of Britt’s existence, I knew the longer I stayed clear of her, the better it was for everyone. Plus, Angelina still wanted me to kill Britt to eliminate the danger to our family. I guess I needed more time to figure out how to keep Britt alive and my family safe.

How do you feel about the three Amigos loyalty towards Britt?

Allistar: I understand a family’s loyalty to each other since my family shares that, but to have friends willing to sacrifice their safety for you is something new to me. I doubt there is anything more honorable to me than loyalty.

What was racing through your mind when you and Angelina arrived at the pond and  Britt wasn't there?
 
Allistar: As a man, panic is not a feeling I admit to readily, but I saw the one thing that I found to give my eternal life meaning slipping away from me and all I thought about was finding her and protecting her. Only the need to find her kept me from falling apart.

OK just one more question we know you are very busy. Do you believe saving Britt was worth it?
 
Allistar: 
From the moment I touched her, I felt Britt was worth any risk. I never regretted touching her. I did regret the pain I caused her and others by touching her. For me, the decision was an easy one as I kept someone so special in so many ways from leaving this world far too soon. As it turned out, she became something far more than I ever imagined and I know it was for a reason.

Thank you so much for taking the time to sit down with us! Can't wait to see how the rest of your story will unfold.



CS Yelle Taking Angels media doc kit.


Author Bio:
C.S. Yelle was born and raised in Grand Rapids, MN, the "almost" middle child of six. He attended Grand Rapids Senior High School where he enjoyed music and sports. He received his BS in Chemistry from Mayville State University, Mayville, ND in 1987. He taught 7-12 Science and coached for six years in several North Dakota schools and currently works as an Executive Account Manager in the Water Treatment Industry where he has been for nearly seventeen years. He is the father of four and grandfather of one. He writes novels, screenplays, and an occasional short story. He has been writing seriously for over ten years and plans to continue until his fingers are unable, maybe longer. He currently resides in a Minneapolis, MN suburb with his wife Jennifer.


April 1
 The O'Raven Chronicles
 (Spotlight, Excerpt & Tour Schedule)


April 2
 Fated Paranormals (Amy)
 Review & Excerpt


April 3
 Book Addicts Not-So Anonymous (Nicole)
 Review & Character interview

April 4
 Me, Myself and I (Candy)
 Review
BLOG: purpleshadowhunter.blogspot.com


April 5
 Reading is my Timeout (Kristi)
 Review & Author interview
Blog: readingismytimeout.blogspot.com

April 6
 Oh My Shelves (Tenika)
 Spotlight


April 7
 Ambrosia Arts (Jacquelynn)
 Review




Girls *heart* Books (Mel)
Spotlight & Excerpt
EMAIL: 2girlsheartbooks@gmail.com


April 8
 Tam's Two Cents
 Review & Playlist


April 9
 Jacinta Maree- Author
 Review & Spotlight

April 10
BookEnd 2 BookEnd (Jessy)
 Review & This or That


April 11
 RomanceBookWorm (Brandy)
 Review & Top 10


April 12
 Sassy Book Lovers (Stacey)
 Review & Q&A w/Author

April 13
 Naughty Bits' Reviews (Brenda)
 Review


April 14
 Sabrina's Paranormal Palace (Sabrina)
 Review & Character Interview


Please don't feed the Mimsey
 Spotlight and quirky post











a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. My favorite boos with Angels is the Lost Angels Series by Heather Killough-Walden. Thanks for the giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a book w/ angels, yet. This will b my first

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading this! I haven't read an angel book, yet!

    ReplyDelete