Blogger Widgets

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review of Fire - Author Heather James - Reviewed by Nicole Delfs

Review of Fire (Elements of Power Trilogy)

Written by Heather James - Review by Nicole D.

Sypnosis

Is control over the elements a gift, or a curse?

Roxy thinks that she is in control of everything: with flames flaring at her fingertips and an equally fiery attitude, what more could she need? But then she meets Brae, a prince from a rival Realm, who turns her assumptions of superiority upside down.

Jasmine has none of Roxy’s confidence or intensity. But she does have a secret - and Brae - and she’s not going to give either up willingly.


5 Stars! Or Heart Palpitations as in my case!

A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review.

Easily one of the best books I've read this year.  Fire sucked down the rabbit hole and later spit me back out.  I could not for the life of me, put book this book down.  I devoured it in a matter of hours.  Such a rich world Heather James created.  I finally understand why people geek out over LOTR, Star Trek or Star Wars.  I love how the two main characters are in some ways completely opposite and yet similar.  On one hand you have Roxy - brash, tough and confident to a fault - though if you were a Princess and used to everything handed  to you, then you might be too.  And on the other hand, Jasmine who has no personal identity and is going through changes she doesn't understand, terrified to confide in even her best of friends.   Then there's Brae, I'm still not sure who his HEA will be with, but holy guacamole I love Brae!  (My new book boyfriend!)  At first I was hoping for Vincent to have feelings for Roxy but he just kind of disappeared for half the book.  And it seemed Brae and Jazz were going to be an item.  But, then Brae has to leave for political reasons.  Once Brae gets to know Roxy everything changes, he's nothing like she expected. I loved how the walls surrounding Roxy cracked enough to let some air get past her defenses.  To be honest, especially by the end of the book, I wanted to smack Jazz.  I know she's important and I'm sure Roxy and Jazz's paths will cross again.  But, ugh I want to know what happens right now!  I can't believe the cliffhanger, I HATE cliffhangers.  I would rather wait years to start a series and be able to read all the books at once.  But, if I could go back time with the option of reading the book, knowing there was going to be a cliffhanger - I'd still read it.  Fire was that amazing! 

When you first meet Brae, you're just a little blown away (pun intended.) 
I may have swooned a little.
Haha poor Brae
When I got to the end,
I must have sat there for five minutes, still trying to turn the page.
Once I realized that was how the book ended, I had some pretty mixed emotions.
I had literally been sitting on my glasses for the last 2 hours while reading without realizing it, I was that into the story. (I'm lucky they weren't broken!)
So to the author -
Such an amazing story!
I sorta forgive you for the ending, I'll just have to wait for the next book.

Buy it now!

1 comment:

  1. I love your review... I love the pics to go with it.. I bought the book because of this review!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete